Sunday, October 23, 2016

Getting trim for summer.




We used 1/4 round as the base trim. I cut the miters with a razor saw.



I started in the back bedroom, and worked forward. I skipped under the bunks, as it isn't easily visible.



The last piece was under the dining table.



Once the base trim was in, I started installing the corner trim.



The oak really breaks up the white walls.



I worked my way from the front to the back.



We came up a little short on the corner moulding, so I had to cheat using what I had.



I used a piece of flat trim leftover from the bedroom wall. It didn't even require cutting.



The trim sure does make a difference!



We ended up needing to splice 2 pieces together to have enough quarter round, so I hid the splice behind the refrigerator. 



The kitchen cabinet had an ugly black toe kick and Wifey didn't like it, so it had to go.



We found matching 4" trim board and covered it up. 



I found a piece of oak moulding in the discount pile at Menard's, and thought it would be perfect to cover the gap between the cabinet and the wall. I also added the quarter round to the toe kick.



The door was hollow where the cut was to be made, so I cut the door long, and glued a strip of redwood into each end before cutting to final length.



It fit in the opening perfectly, which was a total surprise.



The hardware was installed once I made the holes with my jigsaw and router.



The matching hardware installed in the jamb.



I trimmed out the opening and added the stops to the jamb. The arch in the door panel is complimented by the arched roof.


No comments:

Post a Comment