Saturday, November 7, 2015

Bead Board In The Back Bedroom.

We wanted to tone down the white interior, so we decided on this bead board below the windows. The beading is the same size as the white boards we used everywhere else.


I started out with construction adhesive, but soon found that I needed to screw the panels to the wall until the adhesive set up. I used self-tapping screws for that. Logan went around to all the screws and used a brown paint pen to hide the screw heads.


Installation was pretty easy. I screwed them into the bus's ribs when I could, and at the ends of the panels at the joints.


We decided not to do the area below the lip in the side walls..


I still need to install trim around the edges to hide the saw cuts.


The rear wall was finished to match.


I used the same material to wrap the booth seats. The seat backs and bottoms will be plywood.


The booth will also be trimmed out with moulding to hide the seams.


I installed some cleats on the benches to support the table top when it is used as a bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment